1. Wise Dan – All reports say that his last workout was unreal. The champ looks ready for his day at the Spa this Saturday!
2. Game on Dude – Dominant in the Hollywood Gold Cup, rematch with Dullahan in the Pacific Classic should be next.
3. Cross Traffic – The new face in the division showed he’s for real in the Whitney. Now he’s a prime time player.
4. Graydar – He has rejoined Pletcher’s Stable at Saratoga, will be looking for a big fall campaign.
5. Fort Larned – Crazy inconsistent, and still living off that Classic win last year. Horse is just 1 for 4 this season.
Sleeper: Successful Dan – His Whitney second place effort was solid…now lets see if he can put back to back races together.
1. Royal Delta – The champion is back! It wasn’t the best field you’ll ever see, but Royal Delta looks to have regained her form.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Will have to wait a few more weeks to see if she’ll continue her solid 2013 form.
3. Authenticity – Proved best in the Shuvee…match up with the top two possible in the Personal Ensign.
4. Joyful Victory – Her stakes win at Monmouth proves she’s ready for a big second half.
5. On Fire Baby – Has come back for her 4-year-old campaign much improved; could be setting up for a big time year.
Sleeper: My Miss Aurelia – Don’t forget about her…she’s back in training and when she’s right she is tough to handle.
3 Year Old Males
1. Palace Malice – I’ll give him the number one spot right now, but the Travers will most likely determine things.
2. Verrazano – The Haskell win was the WOW performance of the year! Now can he stretch it to 10 furlongs in the Travers Stakes?
3. Orb – I rewarded the two top horses because they ran this weekend, but a Travers win will easily vault him back to number one.
4. Oxbow – It’s a shame about the minor injury in the Haskell, but hopefully he’ll be back and 100% soon.
5. Will Take Charge – Consistency is the problem, but when he’s at his best he can beat almost anyone.
Sleeper: Departing – Super talented horse, but they are taking their time with him. Could be a monster at age four.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – WOW! An eye popping performance in the Coaching Club American Oaks.
2. Beholder – Looked like the winner until deep in the stretch of the Oaks; showed her class off once again.
3. Midnight Lucky – She needed the distance cutback, and fired a HUGE race in the Acorn. Prioress will be the next test this Saturday.
4. Fiftyshadesofhay – Made it two in a row with a nice win in the Iowa Oaks.
5. Close Hatches – Easily defeated the now overrated Dreaming of Julia in the Mother Goose.
Sleeper: Unlimited Budget – Still have to mention her, but she needs to rebound from a poor effort in the CCA Oaks.
1. Fast Bullet – Finally got to see him do his thing on the big stage. Exceptional race in the True North.
2. Groupie Doll – She’s BACK this weekend at Ellis Park!
3. Justin Phillip – The old pro looks better than ever. So great to see him win his first Grade 1 stakes.
4. Gentleman’s Bet – Valiant effort in the Vanderbilt, I don’t discount him at all for that race.
5. Sage Valley – Up and comer has really had a nice season.
Sleeper: Bahamian Square – Quietly having a great 2013 season. Very consistent horse.