1. Wise Dan – All reports say that his last workout was unreal. The champ looks ready for his day at the Spa!
2. Game on Dude – Dominant in the Hollywood Gold Cup, rematch with Dullahan in the Pacific Classic should be next.
3. Fort Larned – Performance of the year in the Stephen Foster. Returns this week in the Whitney.
4. Graydar – He has rejoined Pletcher’s Stable at Saratoga, will be looking for a big fall campaign.
5. Sahara Sky – Tremendous job running down Cross Traffic in the Met Mile.
Sleeper: Paynter – Even in defeat he ran well. I’d like to see him on the dirt next time out.
1. Royal Delta – The champion is back! It wasn’t the best field you’ll ever see, but Royal Delta looks to have regained her form.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Will have to wait a few more weeks to see if she’ll continue her solid 2013 form.
3. Authenticity – Proved best in the Shuvee…match up with the top two possible in the Personal Ensign.
4. Joyful Victory – Her stakes win at Monmouth proves she’s ready for a big second half.
5. On Fire Baby – Has come back for her 4-year-old campaign much improved; could be setting up for a big time year.
Sleeper: My Miss Aurelia – Don’t forget about her…she’s back in training and when she’s right she is tough to handle.
3 Year Old Males
1. Palace Malice – I’ll give him the number one spot right now, but the Travers will most likely determine things.
2. Verrazano – The Haskell win was the WOW performance of the year! Now can he stretch it to 10 furlongs in the Travers Stakes?
3. Orb – I rewarded the two top horses because they ran this weekend, but a Travers win will easily vault him back to number one.
4. Oxbow – It’s a shame about the minor injury in the Haskell, but hopefully he’ll be back and 100% soon.
5. Will Take Charge – Consistency is the problem, but when he’s at his best he can beat almost anyone.
Sleeper: Power Broker – A really nice second keeps him in the sleeper roll, but he’s probably a cut below the best.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – WOW! An eye popping performance in the Coaching Club American Oaks.
2. Beholder – Looked like the winner until deep in the stretch of the Oaks; showed her class off once again.
3. Midnight Lucky – She needed the distance cutback, and fired a HUGE race in the Acorn. Prioress will be the next test this Saturday.
4. Fiftyshadesofhay – Made it two in a row with a nice win in the Iowa Oaks.
5. Close Hatches – Easily defeated the now overrated Dreaming of Julia in the Mother Goose.
Sleeper: Unlimited Budget – Still have to mention her, but she needs to rebound from a poor effort in the CCA Oaks.
1. Fast Bullet – Finally got to see him do his thing on the big stage. Exceptional race in the True North.
2. Groupie Doll – This fast lady is back on the workout tab. Gearing up for a summer/fall campaign.
3. Delaunay – Not ready to give up on him yet, but was beaten fair and square in Iowa
4. Gentleman’s Bet – Up and comer in the division looked awfully good in the Iowa Sprint
5. Justin Phillip – Old timer still running huge races. Thought his True North was exceptional, just overshadowed by stable mate.
Sleeper: Sage Valley – Up and comer could shoot up the rankings with another victory.