1. Wise Dan – He could be pointing towards the Firecracker Handicap as his next start…will be dominant.
2. Game on Dude – Has obviously rebounded from his poor 2012 BC Classic performance. Looks to be getting better with age.
3. Graydar – Sidelined with injury for the Fall/Spring…will return this Summer at Saratoga. Serious horse if he comes back running strong.
4. Sahara Sky – Tremendous job running down Cross Traffic in the Met Mile.
5. Cross Traffic – This horse has ran two super races in a row, and lost them both. Could turn into a monster with more seasoning.
Sleeper: Successful Dan – He came back in a big way…now can he FINALLY stay healthy?
1. Royal Delta – Will remain number one until someone can knock her off. Getting closer to a comeback race.
2. Tiz Miz Sue – Became a millionaire and won her first Grade 1 on the same day. Better than ever at age six.
3. Ciao Bella – Looks to be peaking, can she carry her Gulfstream form elsewhere?
4. Authenticity – Backed up her huge effort on Oaks day with another solid showing in the Ogden Phipps.
5. On Fire Baby – Has come back for her 4-year-old campaign much improved; could be setting up for a big time year.
Sleeper: Summer Applause – Looks to be rounding into top form for trainer Chad Brown.
3 Year Old Males
1. Orb – Disappointing performance in the Preakness, but is still number one heading into the Belmont.
2. Oxbow – Got the perfect set up in the Preakness, but still deserves credit for taking advantage. Shows up every time ready to roll.
3. Revolutionary – Two Derby prep victories plus a solid 3rd place Derby effort land him in this spot.
4. Normandy Invasion – He proved in the Kentucky Derby that he’s got the talent…now he needs a victory. He has just one career win.
5. Mylute – His consistent efforts land him here, but like Normandy Invasion he needs a win!
Sleeper: Itsmyluckyday – Huge bounce back in the Preakness proves he could be one to watch.
3 Year Old Females
1. Princess or Sylmar – She won the race everyone was calling “The Race of the Year” so how could she not be number one at this point?
2. Dreaming of Julia – Obviously got a disastrous trip in the Oaks; hope she comes back in good order next time out.
3. Beholder – Looked like the winner until deep in the stretch of the Oaks; showed her class off once again.
4. Unlimited Budget – Very solid third place effort in the Oaks. She looks like one that’s going to fire every time out, and will try the Belmont Stakes next.
5. Midnight Lucky – She needed the distance cutback, and fired a HUGE race in the Acorn.
Sleeper: Fifityshadesofhay – Looks like she might be getting better with distance. Black Eyed Susan win was impressive considering the rough trip.
1. Delaunay – He could be the fastest horse in the world!
2. Groupie Doll – And she’s the fastest lady in the world!
3. Trinniberg – He hasn’t been on the type of footing he needs yet this year…will rebound.
4. Comma to the Top – Ran the top speed figure of the Memorial Day weekend, yet another that looks better with age.
5. Sage Valley – HUGE effort in the Maryland Sprint Handicap.
Sleeper: Zee Bros – Three year old sprinter who looks like a freak going six furlongs.