Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2020 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my last vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll:
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
1. Improbable – His ultra-impressive Awesome Again Stakes (G1) win gives him 3 straight Grade 1 triumphs.
2. Tom’s d’Etat – A terrible stumble from the gate cost him all chance in the Whitney Stakes (G1).
3. Maximum Security – He suffered his first defeat of the season in the Awesome Again Stakes (G1).
4. By My Standards – A solid Alysheba Stakes (G3) win put this horse back on the Breeders’ Cup radar.
5. Zulu Alpha – He finished third in the Kentucky Turf Cup (G3), but the track was a complete mess by the time that he ran.
Sleeper: Global Campaign – He earned the biggest win of his career in the Woodward Stakes (G1) at Saratoga.
1. Monomoy Girl – The queen is back on top after another awesome win in the La Troienne Stakes (G2).
2. Rushing Fall – The turf rocket just continues to dazzle year after year. She was sensational once again in the Diana Stakes (G1).
3. Midnight Bisou – She officially retired after coming out of a workout with a minor injury. She had a tremendous career.
4. Uni – Is she finally back? It sure looked like it in the First Lady Stakes (G1) at Keeneland.
5. Fighting Mad – Her winning streak came to an end in the Zenyatta Stakes (G2), where she finished third.
Sleeper: Beau Recall – She deserves credit for finishing second in the First Lady Stakes (G1) at Keeneland.
1. Tiz the Law – He lost the Kentucky Derby (G1), but he still deserves to be the top-ranked 3-year-old after running extremely well in defeat.
2. Authentic – Wow, he was a nose away from winning two legs of the Triple Crown. He’ll head to the Breeders’ Cup with a chance to win this division.
3. Art Collector – It wasn’t his day in the Preakness Stakes (G1), but he’s still had a solid campaign.
4. Max Player – Let’s give him credit for running well in all three legs of the Triple Crown.
5. Honor A. P. – He’s off to the breeding shed after suffering an injury while finishing fourth in the Kentucky Derby (G1).
Sleeper: Gufo – He showed a powerful turn of foot in his Belmont Derby (G1) triumph.
1. Swiss Skydiver – She locked up this division with a breathtaking victory in the Preakness Stakes (G1).
2. Shedaresthedevil – She’s heading to the farm to prep for 2021 after being unable to reproduce her winning Kentucky Oaks (G1) effort in the Spinster Stakes (G1).
3. Gamine – The Kentucky Oaks (G1) distance seemed to be a bit too much for her, but she still held on for third and should be a top threat in the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (G1).
4. Harvest Moon – She picked up a big win against older horses in the Zenyatta Stakes (G2).
5. Speech – She ran decently in the Kentucky Oaks (G1) but was no match for the top trio.
Sleeper: Bonny South – We’ll keep her here after charging home to finish a tough-luck second in the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (G2).
1. Vekoma – He earned the top spot with a monster effort in the Met Mile (G1) over a tremendous field.
2. C Z Rocket – The amazing Peter Miller has turned this horse into a monster, with his latest win coming in the Santa Anita Sprint Championship (G2).
3. Diamond Oops – A big win in the Phoenix Stakes (G2) at Keeneland has him ready for the Breeders’ Cup,
4. Volatile – Unfortunately, he retired due to injury just as he was peaking.
5. Firenze Fire – His latest win in the Vosburgh Stakes (G2) puts him back on the map.
Sleeper: Yaupon – He was impressive once again at Pimlico in the Chick Lang Stakes (G3).
1. Jackie’s Warrior – He won 2 stakes at Saratoga this summer in dominant fashion, making him the top horse for now.
2. Dr. Schivel – Back-to-back wins at Del Mar have this horse looking great heading into 2021 (he’s taking the rest of 2020 off).
3. Essential Quality – A big win in the Claiborne Breeders Futurity (G1) at Keeneland has him looking good heading into the Breeders’ Cup.
4. Reinvestment Risk – He came up short in the Hopeful Stakes (G1), but he still ran a solid race.
5. Mutasaabeq – He made his turf debut a winning one, dominating the Bourbon Stakes (G3) in impressive fashion.
Sleeper: Sittin On Go – His upset Iroquois Stakes (G3) victory puts him on the radar.
1. Princess Noor – She’s now a perfect 3-for-3 after another dominant win in the Chandelier Stakes (G2).
2. Simply Ravishing – She’s now the biggest challenger to Princess Noor at the Breeders’ Cup after an impressive win in the Alcibiades Stakes (G1).
3. Vequist – Her Spinaway Stakes (G1) win was eye-catching as she cruised home to win by over 9 lengths.
4. Dayoutoftheoffice – She won the Schuylerville Stakes (G3) in dominant fashion.
5. Girl Daddy – A solid victory in the Pocahontas Stakes (G3) has this filly on the right path.
Sleeper: Cantata – She won impressively on debut at Saratoga and should appear next in a major stakes.
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) and… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are here to give their picks… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) prep… Read More
For years, the Racing Dudes have had you covered with… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Arkansas Derby (G1) from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Florida Derby (G1) from Gulfstream Park,… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!