Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2021 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Let’s take a look at the rankings, including my latest vote in the NTRA Top 10 Poll.
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my latest Top 10 poll looked like:
Did you know active subscribers receive our Inside Track wagering guides absolutely FREE? Subscribe today and be the first to receive our upcoming MONSTER wagering guide to the 2022 Breeders’ Cup!
1. Knicks Go – He’ll be the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) favorite after another impressive win in the Lukas Classic Stakes (G3).
2. Max Player – We have to take him seriously now after 2 straight big stakes victories, including the Jockey Club Gold Cup (G1) in his last start.
3. Art Collector – He’s now won 3 straight, including the Woodward Stakes (G1) at Belmont Park in his last start.
4. Maxfield – He’s finished second in back-to-back Grade 1 races, but he wasn’t a threat to win either of them.
5. Domestic Spending – A lack of pace really hurt him in his recent loss at Arlington Park in the Mister D. Stakes (G1).
Sleeper: Silver State – He lost at Parx, which is never good, but he still showed up with his normal strong effort.
1. Letruska – This horse has turned into an absolute beast, with her lastest victory coming in the Personal Ensign Stakes (G1) at Saratoga.
2. Gamine – They’ll be hard-pressed to beat her in sprint races. She was dominant once again in the Ballerina Stakes (G1).
3. Monomoy Girl – She retired after suffering a minor injury during training.
4. Shedaresthedevil – She picked up another win at Churchill Downs; however, she still looks to be a small cut below the top horse in this division.
5. Royal Flag – She’s developing into a pretty solid female runner; however, she is a cut below the top few in her division.
Sleeper: Sconsin – She might be the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (G1)‘s biggest challenger to Gamine.
Essential Quality Game As Can Be Outdueling Midnight Bourbon In Travers
1. Essential Quality – This horse just knows how to get the job done. He won his third straight with another great performance in the Travers Stakes (G1).
2. Jackie’s Warrior – Wow, this might be the best 3-year-old sprinter we’ve seen since Runhappy.
3. Medina Spirit – A big win against older horses in the Awesome Again (G1) puts him in the mix for the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1).
4. Hot Rod Charlie – This horse has shown that he’s truly elite. With any luck throughout the year, he’d be nipping at the heels of Essential Quality heading into the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1).
5. Life Is Good – The talent this guy has is second to none. He’ll be heavily singled in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (G1).
Sleeper: Midnight Bourbon – He danced every dance this year and showed up every time. He might be a monster at age 4.
1. Malathaat – She returned to the winner’s circle in a big way, taking home the Alabama Stakes (G1) in stylish fashion.
2. Bella Sofia – She’s quickly turned into one of the best 3-year-old fillies in the country.
3. Clairiere – She finally got her moment in the sun, winning the Cotillion Stakes (G1) at Parx.
4. Private Mission – An impressive victory in the Zenyatta Stakes (G2) has her as a major player entering the Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1).
5. Search Results – Her Test Stakes (G1) performance was just average and she’s now off for the rest of the year.
Sleeper: Army Wife – This filly has run consistently well all season long, showing up with strong efforts in many big stakes events.
1. Jackie’s Warrior – He’ll be the one they all have to catch in the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1).
2. Life Is Good – He’ll probably go to the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (G1), but he’s also an elite sprinter as well.
3. Dr. Schivel – He remained undefeated after an ultra-impressive victory in the Santa Anita Sprint Championship (G2).
4. Yaupon – Sadly, he was hurt in a recent workout at Santa Anita and retired.
5. Ginobili – He’s on the scene after an impressive win in the Pat O’Brien Stakes (G2) at Del Mar. He seems to love that track, a big deal considering the Breeders’ Cup will be held there this season.
Sleeper: Flagstaff – He just shows up and runs well no matter where he’s entered.
Gunite Dominates Hopeful, Gives Sire Gun Runner Weekend Sweep
1. Corniche – He made it 2 for 2 with a sharp performance in the American Pharoah Stakes (G1).
2. Jack Christopher – This guy just keeps looking better after a sharp performance in the Champagne Stakes (G1) at Belmont Park.
3. Annapolis – He might be the one American who can beat the European shippers at the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf (G1) after an impressive win in the Pilgrim Stakes (G2).
4. Gunite – He didn’t run well in the Champagne Stakes (G1), but he’s still a Grade 1 winner.
5. Pinehurst – He exits Del Mar a perfect 2 for 2 after a nice win in the Del Mar Futurity (G1).
Sleeper: Major General – A solid win in the Iroquois Stakes (G3) has this horse on the radar heading into the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1).
1. Echo Zulu – Right now, she seem to be head and shoulders better than the rest of this division.
2. Ain’t Easy – She’ll have a big shot at the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1) if she can repeat her recent dominating Chandelier Stakes (G1) effort.
3. Hidden Connection – Her ultra-impressive Pocahontas Stakes (G3) victory makes her 2 for 2 heading into the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1).
4. Wicked Halo – Asmussen has so many good 2-year-olds this year, including this winner of the Adirondack Stakes (G3).
5. Grace Adler – She didn’t run well in the Chandelier Stakes (G1), but she’s still a Grade 1 winner.
Sleeper: Goddess of Fire – Even though she was third in the Pocahontas Stakes (G3), it was a nice effort for her first start against stakes company. She should move forward off of that effort.
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) and… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are here to give their picks… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) prep… Read More
For years, the Racing Dudes have had you covered with… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Arkansas Derby (G1) from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Florida Derby (G1) from Gulfstream Park,… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!