Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
BALTIMORE, MD – Defending race champion Tenfold returns to Old Hilltop seeking his first victory since then in Friday’s $250,000 Pimlico Special Stakes (G3).
The Pimlico Special is a 1 3/16-mile dirt route open to all horses ages 3 and up. This year’s edition is the final event on an 11-race card and has a local post time of 6:23 PM.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here’s a look at the full field for the Pimlico Special:
1. Cordmaker 8/1 – The Maryland-bred is already a 4-time stakes champion between Laurel Park and Delaware Park, and he came within a 1/2-length of winning last year’s running. He’s still winless through 4 starts in 2020, but he finished second in the Deputed Testimony Stakes last time out.
2. Monongahela 15/1 – He won a pair of stakes in 2019, including the Philip Iselin (G3) at Monmouth Park, with former trainer and federally-charged cheater Jason Servis. He’s missed the board in his 3 starts since being rescued, but the last-out winner repeated in a stakes at Delaware Park.
3. Plus Que Parfait 12/1 – He rallied strongly in the stretch to take the 2019 UAE Derby (G2) while covering this distance at Meydan, but he’s struggled since then (8-0-1-2 record). The good news is that he’s a proven winner when going long, so with some improvement, he could surprise at a price.
4. Someday Jones 9/2 – The Pennsylvania-bred son of the 2004 Kentucky Derby champ Smarty Jones has won 11 of his 29 career starts, including 3 at the stakes level. His dad’s trainer, John Servis, will leg up top local jockey Trevor McCarthy; the two have won 4 of their past 15 mounts together.
5. Tenfold 5/1 – The Winchell Thoroughbreds homebred won last year’s edition from well off the pace, a tactic he hasn’t used to any additional success. He’s proven over this course and distance, but he’ll likely need a career-best effort (like last year) if he hopes to end his 9-race skid here.
6. Clubman 20/1 – He returns to Pimlico after finishing seventh in last year’s edition, though he did finish second here in 2017 in his last start prior to breaking maiden. Much of his career has been spent sprinting, with just 2 of his 10 career wins occuring in two-turn routes.
7. Forewarned 20/1 – He shows up here while still looking for his first victory since last October, when he defeated fellow state-breds in the 1 1/4-mile Ohio Endurance Stakes at Mahoning Valley. While he’s struggled to win lately, he’s always a threat to hit the board and offers plenty of value here.
8. Owendale 8/5 – The morning line favorite was a closing third in last year’s Preakness Stakes (G1) and has 4 total stakes wins on his resume. He’s earned a 99 Beyer Speed Figure in 3 of his past 4 starts, including winning the Blame and finishing second in the Clark (G1) and the Alysheba (G2).
9. Harpers First Ride 5/1 – He was a dominating 3 1/4-length winner of the Deputed Testimony last time out for his fourth victory of the year and first at the stakes level. The career-best 96 Beyer Speed Figure that he earned for that score and his strong local connections make him dangerous here.
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $400,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude take a look at some of… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $1.25… Read More
Get the 2024 Fountain of Youth Betting Bible, featuring our EXACT race-by-race… Read More
Let’s kick off another big Friday with the Racing Dudes… Read More
Aaron previews the 2024 Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) from… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!