Check out all the latest podcasts including The Magic Mike Show and Blinkers Off
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Cyber Secret (KY) – When looking at the Razorback Handicap on paper you assumed the race was going to be very close, and it definitely did not disappoint us. Cyber Secret came out of the battle as the winner, as he stalked the pace and was able to just put his nose in front of longshot Golden Ron at the wire. The win was Cyber’s Secret third straight, all three coming at Oaklawn Park this meet. Oaklawn Park owner Charles Cella is the owner of Cyber Secret, which makes the win that more special. Cyber Secret came out of the race in good order, and the Oaklawn Handicap looks to be the next goal.
– 2nd Star: Rose to Gold (KY) – All the hype coming into the Martha Washington was on Rose to Gold and she ran an average race and finished second. In the Honeybee last Saturday all the hype was on Kentucky Oaks future pool favorite Flashy Gray, but this time it was Rose to Gold that turned the tables winning in wire to wire fashion to pull off the upset. Rose to Gold broke extremely well and went straight to the front, and jockey Calvin Borel didn’t have to move a muscle. The win puts her into the Kentucky Oaks, and the Fantasy Stakes will likely be her final prep for that race.
– 3rd Star: Apropos (KY) – On a week where the racing was extremely strong at Oaklawn, it was actually an allowance race on Thursday that produced the highest Beyer speed figure. Apropos, trained by Al Stall, dominated a first level allowance field winning by ten lengths and earing a Beyer of 101. The win could spring-board her to the Carousel Stakes at Oaklawn towards the end of the meet. If she can duplicate her performance in that race, the sky could be the limit for this late developing filly.
– Donoharm (KY) – There were several horses that were candidates for the “Flop of the Week” but Donoharm was the unlucky one that landed in this spot. The Razorback Handicap came up very tough, but Donoharm simply didn’t run his race. After looking super sharp in the two preps leading up to this one, he was never heard from last Saturday. You certainly can’t get too down on this horse as he had won five in a row leading up to this one. The Oaklawn Handicap could still be the end of the meet goal.
– Saturday: The Rebel Stakes (Grade 2) – 3 Year Olds – 1 1/16th miles – Purse: $600,000
– Saturday: The Azeri Stakes (Grade 3) – Fillies and Mares 4 Year Olds and Up – 1 1/16th miles – Purse: $150,000
The Racing Dudes unpack last Saturday’s controversial $1 million Haskell… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview and give their tickets… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss what they learned from… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview the $1 million TVG.com Haskell Stakes… Read More
SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY – There’s no way around it, this… Read More
DEL MAR, CA – Trainer Phil D’Amato’s Going Global, perfect… Read More
BALTIMORE, MD – Three Diamonds Farm’s Field Pass, a Grade… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Be the first to access our daily free and premium picks, articles, podcasts, and more!