Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Sugar Shock (KY) – This time she decided to run straight, and it worked out quite well!! After crossing the finish line first in the Honeybee Stakes you could see the talent this horse had, but unfortunately she veered out terribly in the stretch run and was DQ’d to second. However, this time in the Fantasy Stakes she was able to set fast fractions and still run straight through the entire stretch to get the victory over Kiss Moon. The win obviously propels Sugar Shock to the Kentucky Oaks, where she’ll face what looks to be two super star fillies in Untapable and My Miss Sophia. Whether or not she can compete with those types remains to be seen.
– 2nd Star: Speedinthruthecity (KY) – She was consider the lesser of the two Asmussen entries by the morning line odds maker in the Carousel Stakes, but the betting public made her the even money favorite and she didn’t disappoint as she won by three lengths. This horse has progressed nicely, and could now be ready to give it a go against graded company next time out. With continued improvements like these she might be a rising star in the female sprint division.
– 3rd Star: Kiss Moon (KY) – It looked as though Kiss Moon was going to wear down Sugar Shock the entire length of the stretch in the Fantasy, but she just couldn’t get the job done. Still, her clear-cut second place victory was a big run, and also showed the addition of blinkers was a great move. She earned enough points to qualify for the Kentucky Oaks if she wants to go, but she may be a cut below the very best in this division.
– Please Explain (KY) – Another big stakes at Oaklawn, another disappointment. Please Explain was a tough luck third in the Honeybee two starts back, but this time in the Fantasy she was just a total no-show. After showing speed for most of her career, Please Explain was last again up the back side in the Fantasy, but unlike the Honeybee she made no move whatsoever and finished second to last as the post time favorite.
– Thursday: The Count Fleet Stakes (Grade 3) – 4 Year Olds and Upward – 6 furlongs – Purse: $300,000
– Friday: Bachelor Stakes – 3 Year Olds – 6 furlongs – Purse: $100,000
– Friday: The Apple Blossom Handicap (Grade 1) – 4 Year Old and Upward Fillies and Mares – 1 1/16th Miles – Purse: $600,000
– Saturday: Instant Racing Stakes – 3 Year Olds – Six Furlongs – Purse: $100,000
– Saturday: Northern Spur Stakes – 3 Year Olds – One Mile – Purse: $100,000
– Saturday: The Oaklawn Handicap (Grade 2) – 4 Year Old Males and Upward – 1 1/8th Miles – Purse: $600,000
– Saturday: The Arkansas Derby (Grade 1) – 3 Year Olds – 1 1/8th Miles – Purse: $1,000,000
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
The Racing Dudes take a closer look and dish out… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude go through their brackets in a… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Louisiana Derby (G2) from Fair Grounds,… Read More
Welcome to the 2023 Kentucky Derby Rankings! Each week leading… Read More
Brad Cox trainee The Alys Look faces off against the… Read More
Aaron reviews last week’s Racing Dudes Rocket Picks to analyze… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!