Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Goods Gone West (AR) – It was “Arkansas Bred” week at Oaklawn, and trainer Kenny Smith swept the Stakes winning the Rainbow Stakes on Saturday with Goods Gone West, and also the Rainbow Miss Stakes on Friday with Ile St. Molly. Goods Gone West received our number one star based on his performance being a little more impressive than Ile St. Molly. Good Gone West stalked the early pace, and then blew by them at the stretch to win by over five lengths. The win gives him his third straight win, all coming at the 2013 Oaklawn meet. Whether he can beat open company is a question mark, but no matter what the horse has had a solid Oaklawn season.
– 2nd Star: Ile St. Molly (AR) – As previously mentioned Ile St. Molly was the winner of the Rainbow Miss Stakes last Friday at Oaklawn. Her win was about as easy as you can ask as she took the lead right from the start and never looked back. The final margin was by an easy three lengths, but if felt like it could have been ten! The victory was her second in just four starts, and might spring-board her to a date with open company later on in the year.
– 3rd Star: Vuitton (KY) – With Arkansas Bred races leading the way this weekend, the biggest open company race was an allowance sprint for older fillies and mares on Saturday. Vuitton headed to post as the favorite, and did not disappoint as she held off a pesky Livi Makenzie to win by three-quarters of a length on the wire. It was Vuitton’s second straight win at Oaklawn this year, to go along with a decent second in the Pippin Stakes. There probably isn’t enough time for Vuitton to make another at the meeting, but you’d have to call her 2013 Oaklawn campaign a success.
– Lulu Wong (KY) – Lulu Wong is the second straight Chris Richard horse to make the “Flop of the Week” category, which is ironic considering the great meet he’s had. Both this horse, and last week’s horse lost in identical ways. Lulu Wong got off to a fast early start, took the lead, and faded badly in the stretch. Also like last week, the track was sloppy again so that could have played a major role in the disappointing effort.
– Saturday: The Bachelor Stakes – 3 year olds – Six furlongs – Purse: $75,000
– Sunday: Arkansas Breeders Open Division – 3 year olds and Up (Ark. Bred) – 1 1/16th Miles – Purse: $50,000
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $1.25… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude take a look at the Rebel… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for the $400,000… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
The Brad Cox-trained Timberlake won the 2024 Rebel Stakes (G2)… Read More
The D. Wayne Lukas-trained Lemon Muffin won the 2024 Honeybee… Read More
The Todd Fincher-trained Senor Buscador won the 2024 Saudi Cup… Read More
The Yoshito Yahagi-trained Forever Young won the 2024 Saudi Derby… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!