Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Welcome to the 2023 Divisional Rankings! Each week, we rank the best thoroughbred horses in America based on their divisions. Cody’s Wish still leads, but how high did West Will Power rise after winning the Stephen Foster Stakes (G1) at Ellis Park? Tell us YOUR thoughts in the Comments section!
Here are my overall rankings as seen in the latest NTRA Top 10 Poll this week. The poll ranks the top thoroughbred horses based on if Horse of the Year voting was conducted at this very moment. Here’s what my last Top 10 poll looked like:
There’s a reason we’re the #1 trusted source for premium racing picks & info.
1. Cody’s Wish – His story is amazing and a huge bright spot for racing. He just keeps winning and getting better with each start, most recently coming in the Met Mile (G1).
2. Up to the Mark – This is one of the best turf horses in the world right now after back-to-back dominant victories in the Turf Classic Stakes (G1) & the Manhattan Stakes (G1).
3. West Will Power – His win in the Stephen Foster Stakes (G1) sets him up for a big rest of the summer.
4. Rattle N Roll – He was a tough-luck second in the Stephen Foster Stakes (G1).
5. Defunded – This horse has been as consistent as anyone in this division all year long.
Sleeper: Smile Happy – Look for him to bounce back from a poor effort in the Stephen Foster Stakes (G1).
2023 Stephen Foster Stakes Replay | West Will Power Wins Breeders’ Cup Classic Prep At Ellis Park
1. Clairiere – She stands out amongst the dirt females as we head into the summer.
2. In Italian – This one has turned into an absolute monster on the turf.
3. Caravel – She has always had the talent; however, now she has developed consistency. She’s beaten the boys twice this season.
4. Goodnight Olive – She made her way back to the winners circle in the Bed ‘o Roses Stakes (G2).
5. Echo Zulu – She could have a huge year if she stays healthy.
Sleeper: Nest – We haven’t seen her yet this year, but she could have a huge summer and make a splash in this division.
2023 Ogden Phipps Stakes Replay | Clairiere Reels In Search Results Late To Repeat As Winner
1. Forte – It’s hard to rank this division right now, but the Florida Derby (G1) winner is the tentative leader as we head into a fun summer.
2. Mage – The Kentucky Derby (G1) winner can easily rise to #1 in this division if he can pick up another big win.
3. Two Phil’s – He was so good in the Ohio Derby (G3), but he suffered an ankle injury and has been retired.
4. Arcangelo – His rise to stardom has been ultra-impressive, culminating in a win in the Belmont Stakes (G1).
5. National Treasure – His win in the Preakness Stakes (G1) was huge; however, he still has some proving to do.
Sleeper: Arabian Lion – The Sir Barton Stakes winner might be the best horse in the crop; however, he still has to prove he can beat big-time horses around two turns.
1. Pretty Mischievous – She is way ahead of the rest after back-to-back Grade 1 victories in the Kentucky Oaks & the Acorn Stakes.
2. Red Carpet Ready – She looks to be the top sprinter in her class right now following her Eight Belles Stakes (G2) victory.
3. Taxed – Her Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (G2) victory lands her in this spot.
4. Hoosier Philly – She returned to form in the Monomoy Girl Stakes and could be a major player in the big races this summer.
5. Wet Paint – She has suffered back-to-back losses since dominating Oaklawn Park.
Sleeper: Gambling Girl – She ran well to finish second in the Kentucky Oaks (G1).
2023 Acorn Stakes Replay | Pretty Mischievous Backs Up Kentucky Oaks Win With Another Big Score
1. Elite Power – He is head and shoulders above anyone in this division after dominating the True North Stakes (G2).
2. Skelly – This one is developing nicely for Asmussen & is riding a 5-race win streak.
3. Gunite – He is a star in his own right but was no match for our top horse in the Riyadh Dirt Sprint Stakes (G3).
4. Fort Bragg – This horse is turning into a monster one-turn runner; however, Baffert might stretch him out again.
5. Spirit of Makena – He’s won 3 straight at Santa Anita Park following the Triple Bend Stakes (G2).
Sleeper: Drew’s Gold – As far as a pure sprinter goes, he’s one of the best in the 3-year-old division.
2023 Dwyer Stakes Preview & FREE Picks | Fort Bragg Resurfaces At Belmont Park Vs Rising Saudi Crown
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $1,000,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview the Late Pick 5… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys review the weekend’s biggest stakes… Read More
The Racing Dudes team hosted a roundtable discussion & fan… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Pennsylvania Derby (G1) from Parx, then… Read More
Jared previews the 2023 Cotillion Stakes (G1) from Parx, then… Read More
Let’s get another big Saturday of racing kicked off today!… Read More
Looking to cash in big?