Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
ELMONT, NY – Trainer Mike Trombetta’s Newstome takes aim at his fourth career stakes score in Friday’s $80,000 Gold Fever Stakes at Belmont Park.
The Gold Fever is a 6-furlong dirt sprint for 3-year-olds that attracted a field of eight males for this year’s edition. It will go off at 5:36 PM ET as the penultimate event on a 10-race card.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here is a look at the full field for the Gold Fever:
1. Premier Star 10/1 – The Tapiture colt began his career with a pair of 7-furlong victories at Gulfstream Park, then stretched out unsuccessfully in the Sam F. Davis Stakes (G3). He finished fourth in a 6-furlong Laurel Park optional claiming event after joining Trombetta’s stable and has worked well leading up to this event.
2. Newstome 6/1 – Each of his 3 stakes wins came at this distance on both dirt and synthetic surfaces. He took the Mark McDermott Stakes and the James Lewis III Stakes as a juvenile, and most recently, he was a runaway victor in the Woodstock Stakes at Woodbine.
3. Hopeful Treasure 15/1 – He won his debut while running for a $40k tag last October for his first of 3 career victories. He was not a factor while returning from a three-month layoff in his most recent start, but that was a turf race, so perhaps returning to dirt will revert his form.
4. Listentoyourheart 10/1 – He makes his first start against open company foes after putting together a 6-2-2-1 record against his fellow New York-breds. The Christophe Clement trainee returned from nearly nine months away to finish second in June’s 7-furlong Mike Lee Stakes over this course.
5. Wondrwherecraigis 5/1 – He moves up to face stakes foes after breaking his maiden on debut in March, then conquering allowance rivals last month. That second victory came against older horses and the third-place finisher won his next start, but he needs to improve from a speed figure standpoint in order to topple the favorite.
6. Long Weekend 1/2 – The morning line favorite has been perfect so far this year, defeating optional claimers at Sam Houston before taking both the Gazebo Stakes and the Bachelor Stakes at Oaklawn Park. The second- and fourth-place Bachelor finishers both won their next starts and this outside draw should suit the speedster.
7. Liam’s Pride 15/1 – He unsuccessfully tried going two turns on turf last time out, finishing last of 13 in the War Chant Stakes. He broke his maiden going this distance on a fast track and finished behind talented 3-year-olds in both losses under the same conditions; will he face a similar fate at the hands of Long Weekend?
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s four… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview and give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are back at it giving out… Read More
With Magic out, Mike, Aaron, and special guest Chris Griffin… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys recap the weekend’s exciting horse… Read More
It’s time for another great weekend of racing! For the… Read More
Aaron previews the 2022 John Hettinger Stakes at Belmont at… Read More
Mike previews the 2022 Champagne Stakes (G1) at Belmont at… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!