Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
DEL MAR, CA – Templeton Horses homebred Governor Goteven streaks into Sunday’s $100,000 Generous Portion Stakes at Del Mar ready to rule once more over her competition.
The Generous Portion is a 6-furlong dirt sprint restricted to California-bred or sired juvenile fillies. This year’s edition is the penultimate event on an 11-race card and has a local post time of 6:38 PM.
( Content Continues Below Ad )
Here’s a look at the full field for the Generous Portion:
1. Mucha Woman 8/1 – The field’s most recent winner broke her maiden over the local course on August 14 against $50k state-bred maiden claimers. Her jockey that day leaves for another horse, but the replacement isn’t exactly a step back – Umberto Rispoli leads all jockeys in wins this meet.
2. Do You Hear That 8/1 – She broke her maiden on debut against open company while competing on the Golden Gate Fields synthetic surface. Her first dirt attempt comes against a much tougher group, but she’s bred to handle it and she picks up Abel Cedillo, one of the circuit’s top riders.
3. Governor Goteven 3/1 – She’s undefeated through her first 2 career starts, including the 5 1/2-furlong CTBA Stakes over the local course last time out. That win gave trianer Lisa Bernard her first Del Mar stakes score, and based on how this filly has worked since then, it won’t be her last.
4. Big Andy 7/2 – Though still technically a maiden (she crossed the wire first in her debut but was disqualified to fourth), her connections felt confident enough to run in the CTBA, where she finished second. She adds blinkers on the advice of jockey Flavien Prat, who rides for the second time.
5. Will Take a Kiss 8/1 – She broke her maiden at second asking while facing state-bred rivals here on August 1, showing improvement in her first start with blinkers. Jockey Juan Hernandez, the only race rider whom she’s ever known, keeps the mount aboard a filly who’s continued working well.
6. I’m So Anna 5/2 – She’ll try facing these rivals again after scratching out of the CTBA with a slight illness as the 8/5 favorite. She broke her maiden at second asking to earn a 67 Beyer Speed Figure, and Ricky Gonzalez – aboard that day and scheduled to ride her in the CTBA – retains the mount.
7. Emma’s Dance 5/1 – An impressive 5-length maiden-breaking debut score over the Golden Gate Fields synthetic surface earned her a shot here. While this is her first time trying dirt, she’s bred to handle it well and picks up the riding services of Ruben Fuentes, known for his prowess with juveniles.
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss everything they learned from… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude will discuss the College Football Playoff… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Saturday’s $750,000… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Papa Dude and Aaron are back to give all their… Read More
Aaron previews the 2022 Advent Stakes from Oaklawn Park, then… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his top 5 Bob… Read More
Ever wanted to bet on horse races and cash big… Read More
Let’s get another week of racing started off for the… Read More
Aaron previews the 2022 Mistletoe Stakes from Oaklawn Park, then… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!