Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
– 1st Star: Lady of Fifty (KY) – She had been knocking on the door against these types of horses, and on Saturday in the Clement L Hirsch things finally worked out in her favor. After making a five wide sweeping move at the top of the stretch, Lady of Fifty pulled clear down the lane to earn her first Grade 1 victory. With the California Older Filly and mares division being wide open, Lady of Fifty is going to be very competitive in any race they put her in next. It could be said that she has been the most consistent runner all year.
– 2nd Star: Alberts Hope (KY) – We haven’t focused much on the two-year olds yet, but this week is a good place to start. On Sunday Alberts Hope won the Grade 2 Best Pal Stakes by a half-length, making him two for two for his career. Both of his wins have come from slightly off the pace and this Sunday’s win was the result of a well-timed ride by Alonso Quinonez. It’s always a question as to how far these early two-year old winners will stretch, but so far Alberts Hope hasn’t had much trouble around one turn.
– 3rd Star: Awesome Baby (KY) – You just had to know all systems where go for this one. Her last workout was a bullet, the breeding is perfect, and the connections of Bob Baffert and Martin Garcia are awfully tough to beat in California. Awesome Baby didn’t disappoint in her debut Sunday as she dominated a group of Maiden Special Weight runners winning wire to wire by over four lengths. The win will undoubtedly spring-board her to a stakes next time out.
– Include Me Out (KY) – It was supposed to be a romp for Include Me Out in the Clement L Hirsch, but instead it was a major disaster. While up close to a moderate pace throughout, when the real running started Include Me Out had no answer, and finished a flat 8th beaten by over five lengths as the even money favorite. The performance has to be a real head scratcher for all involved, as she looked primed for this race coming in off a win in a smaller stakes as a prep for this one.
– Wednesday – The Sorrento Stakes (Grade 3) – Two Year Old Fillies – 6 1/2 Furlongs – Purse: $150,000
– Friday – The Daisy Cutter Handicap – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward – 5 Furlongs (Turf) – Purse: $90,000
– Saturday – La Jolla Handicap (Grade 2) – Three Year Olds – 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) – Purse: $150,000
– Sunday – John C. Mabee Stakes (Grade 2) – Fillies and Mares Three Year Olds and Upward – 1 1/8 Miles (Turf) – Purse: $250,000
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) and… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are here to give their picks… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys discuss the latest updates for… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview four 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) prep… Read More
For years, the Racing Dudes have had you covered with… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Florida Derby (G1) from Gulfstream Park,… Read More
Aaron previews the 2023 Arkansas Derby (G1) from Oaklawn Park,… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!