3 Stars of the Week
– 1st Star: Acclamation (CA) – World class…that’s the only way you can describe this horse. Acclamation won his seventh race in a row this Saturday, with five of those wins coming in Grade 1 races. This big win sets him up for The Pacific Classic, where he’ll probably take on Game On Dude once again. These horses might be the best two horses in training as of right now, so that race will have the opportunity to be one of the best we’ll see all year. If Acclamation can stay healthy the sky will be the limit.
– 2nd Star: Eden’s Moon (FL) – The only question coming into the San Clemente Handicap was whether Eden’s Moon would take to the turf, and she certainly did. The performance was a dominating one, as she easily wired the field. This makes the classy field three for seven lifetime, and will most likely set her up for more grass races in the near future.
– 3rd Star: Jaycito (KY) – You had to be happy for Jaycito Sunday as he has been through a lot in his career. The race was only an allowance non-winners of one, but he won like a horse that might be ready for Stakes company next time out. He closed nicely from sixth place to win by a length. Hopefully the horse can stay healthy and have a nice summer/fall campaign. His potential has always been pretty high, and he deserves a chance to show us his best stuff.
Flop of the Week
– Holy Candy (KY) – Who knows what happened to Holy Candy in the Oceanside Stakes, but whatever it was it certainly wasn’t pretty. He trailed the field the entire race, and failed to fire finishing a distant last. Holy Candy has had a lot of hype around him, but has had trouble living up to that hype. After the latest blunder, who knows where he’ll pop up next.
|Rank||Trainer Name||Sts||1st||2nd||3rd||Total $||Win%||Top3||Top3%|
|1||Doug F. O’Neill||15||5||2||2||$180,330||33%||9||60%|
|2||John W. Sadler||18||3||3||2||$170,644||17%||8||44%|
|8||Julio C. Canani||5||2||0||1||$122,640||40%||3||60%|
|8||Richard E. Mandella||2||2||0||0||$84,600||100%||2||100%|
|Rank||Jockey Name||Sts||1st||2nd||3rd||Total $||Win%||Top3||Top3%|
|1||Garrett K. Gomez||30||10||5||5||$485,290||33%||20||67%|
|5||Patrick A. Valenzuela||9||2||0||0||$208,840||22%||2||22%|
|5||Corey S. Nakatani||21||2||4||4||$177,240||10%||10||48%|
|5||Edwin A. Maldonado||20||2||3||2||$161,204||10%||7||35%|
|10||David Romero Flores||22||1||1||5||$105,997||5%||7||32%|
|10||Juan J. Hernandez||13||1||3||1||$77,490||8%||5||38%|
|10||Martin A. Pedroza||18||1||1||2||$48,720||6%||4||22%|
|10||Aaron T. Gryder||5||1||0||0||$19,770||20%||1||20%|
Preview to Next Week
– The Wickerr Stakes – Wednesday – 3 Year Olds and Upward – One Mile (Turf) – Purse: $85,000
– The Cougar Handicap (Grade 2) – Friday – 3 Year Olds and Upward – One and One-Half Miles – Purse: $100,000
– The Fleet Treat Stakes – Saturday – 3 Year Old State Bred Fillies – Seven Furlongs – Purse: $200,000
– The San Diego Handicap (Grade 2) – Saturday – 3 Year Olds and Upward – Mile and One-Sixteenth – Purse: $200,000
– The Bing Crosby Stakes (Grade 1) – Sunday – 3 Year Olds and Upward – Six Furlongs – Purse: $300,000