Check out all the latest podcasts including Blinkers Off and The Magic Mike Show
Check out all the big upcoming stakes races
Dudes Pick: #3 Angela Renee
Dudes Longshot: #4 Take Charge Brandi
1. Wonder Gal (NY) – Made her debut in a state bred stakes…and won by an eye popping 14 and a half lengths!! That was the only start of her career, but based on that performance I’d say she fits in just fine with this group. In with a shot…
2. Phoenix Park (KY) – Lookin At Lucky filly was a winner by a head in a four and half furlong dash at Parx, but now steps into deep waters at the Spa. Also that race was all the way back towards the first part of June, so she actually is coming in off a small layoff. May not be the right spot today.
3. Angela Renee (KY) – Easiest of winners on debut at Belmont Park in late June, and has shown steady workouts since. To be honest if she wasn’t trained by Pletcher I wouldn’t think too much of her, but his name with two year olds at Saratoga carries so much weight.
4. Take Charge Brandi (KY) – I’m shocked with the 10-1 morning line. Was a super easy winner in her debut, and ran a game and solid second in the Schuylerville here last time out. I’m looking for an even better effort this time, and believe she can pull the upset.
5. Cavorting (KY) – Her maiden win at Belmont was probably one of the better performances by a two year old so far this year. Wouldn’t argue with anyone that thinks this one is the most talented of the bunch, but can she repeat that big effort?
6. Vivian Da Bling (LA) – Has had two absolute blowout victories at Lone Star Park, and never trailed in any of those races. She might be the speed of the race, but how will she react when there is pace pressure present? That’s the only question mark I have with her.
7. Empressive Humor (KY) – Impressive Saratoga maiden special weight winner wheels back quickly, but you must respect her. She beat a Todd Pletcher first timer in that debut race, which is always eye catching. Also…she is the only one that holds a win over the track.
Dudes Pick: #6 Nonna’s Boy
Dudes Longshot: #10 Majestic Affair
1. I Spent It (KY) – Super Saver colt ran well at Belmont winning his debut so this is the next logical step for him. The connections of this one won the Sanford with In Trouble, but I’m not sure I Spent It deserves to by favored here. Has a chance, but think he’s very beatable.
2. Lord Tyrion (KY) – Won a maiden last time out at Indiana Grand, but you’d have to think this is way over his head today. Toss for me…
3. Mr. Z (KY) – Tough luck loser of the Sanford has already show a tremendous amount of heart in just two races. He probably wins that race last time out with a clean trip, and will have a big chance here today to get the job done.
4. Tizcano (KY) – Huge Gulfstream Park maiden winner in June, but I question the talent level that is running at Gulfstream right now. Obviously has some run in him, but he needs to prove he belongs today.
5. Rod McLeod (KY) – Closed up nicely to win his debut at Churchill Downs, and this is the logical next step for him. Thinking others are a bit more talented, but wouldn’t be a shock if he pulled the upset.
6. Nonna’s Boy (KY) – Thought he was best in the Sanford as the rider made a big middle move into a dangerous pace leaving Nonna’s Boy empty in the stretch. With a little bit better trip/ride I think he gets revenge today.
7. Cinco Charlie (KY) – Set suicidal fractions and still ran pretty big in the Sanford. I don’t question the toughness of this horse, however I do question his ability to rate his speed and sit off the lead. May just be a horse that gets himself in trouble from time to time on the front end.
8. Stanford (KY) – Broke his maiden at Monmouth Park, which for Pletcher horses usually means “second string.” Nice sign that he shows up in this spot today, but I sort of think they might be testing him out to see if he was better than they first thought. Wait and see…
9. Cleveland Sound (FL) – Showed some guts in winning a maiden at Delaware Park, but like a couple of others here he’ll be making a huge leap today. Not sure he’s ready for this.
10. Majestic Affair (KY) – Huge maiden winner at Canterbury Park was quickly privately purchased and moved to the barn of trainer Chad Brown. We’ll see if the investment pays off, but the price might be right for a small wager.
11. W V Jetsetter (TX) – Horse has looked solid at Lone Star Park, but makes a class jump today for new connections. Another one I’m taking the “wait and see” approach to see if he belongs.
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with NFL… Read More
The Racing Dudes preview and give picks for Oaklawn Park’s… Read More
The Magic Mike Show guys preview & give their tickets… Read More
Aaron and Papa Dude are ready to roll with college… Read More
A winner in all 3 starts to date, Miss Code… Read More
Nothing Like You won the 2023 Starlet Stakes (G2) at… Read More
Vinny from Real Dynasty Picks gives his horse racing best… Read More
Let’s get another big Saturday of racing kicked off today!… Read More
Looking to cash in big?
Sign up for exclusive 10% discount on orders, plus be the first to access our daily free and premium horse racing picks, articles, podcasts, and more!