Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:30pm EDT
Philips Arena , Atlanta
The Philadelphia 76ers came ready to play in game 2 and scored a convincing 118-102 win to tie the series with the Hawks at 1 game apiece. Not the Hawks return home for game 3, having done their job winning a game on the road. The Sixers are 1.5 point favorites. Can the Hawks hold serve at home?
Sixers even the seriesThe Sixers got sent a message in game 1 when the Hawks beat them. The message from the Hawks was, don't take us lightly because we will beat you. The Sixers got the message in game 2 and came out and scored a 118-102 win. But it wasn't easy as the Hawks were only down 2 at halftime and hung around for most of the game, only to fade down the stretch.
You can give the MVP to whoever you want. Joel Embiid is the best player in the world.— Reuben Frank (@RoobNBCS) June 9, 2021
Joel Embiid in particular came ready to play Tuesday as he dropped 40 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. Tobias Harris added 22 points and 6 rebounds while Seth Curry dropped 21 points with 5 three pointers. Also, the Sixers got a much needed jolt of offense off the bench from Shake Milton, who had 14 points and 4 three pointers. The Sixers shot 53% from the floor.
Hawks come back home tied at 1The Atlanta Hawks have to be happy after the first two games in the series. They come back home tied at 1 and they took one game in Philadelphia, which is all you can ask as the 5th seed facing the number 1 seed. But now they need to make that road win count by following up with a win at home in game 3.
The Hawks hung tough with the Sixers in game 2, but it was too much Joel Embiid down the stretch. They shot 46% from the floor and had 17 turnovers. Trae Young was held in check with only 21 points on 6 for 16 shooting, but he did have 11 assists. Danilo Gallinari also had 21 points off the bench. Kevin Huerter added 20 points off the bench while Bogdan Bogdanovich chipped in with 14 points. Some bad news is that starter Deandre Hunter is out for the season, as he had surgery on his knee. Tony Snell is also questionable, as is Kris Dunn.
Stats & Trends
- 76ers are 4-9-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- 76ers are 5-12-1 ATS in their last 18 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- 76ers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
- 76ers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
- 76ers are 6-18-2 ATS in their last 26 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- 76ers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Hawks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
- Hawks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Hawks are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 Friday games.
- Hawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Hawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Hawks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Hawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Hawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a home underdog.