1. Honor Code – Two huge Grade 1 wins in a row against tough fields! He’s earned the top spot and proved he can go two turns now.
2. Shared Belief – It doesn’t look like he’ll be back in 2015 which is a real shame.
3. California Chrome – Out for the rest of the year, but his future could be bright in 2016.
4. Liam’s Map – An incredible performance in the Whitney and some will argue it should have been a winning effort. Huge talent who might be perfect at a mile.
5. Tonalist – He is what he is…a very good horse that just hasn’t quite been good enough to take home a big time race this year. Consistent on the board finisher.
Sleeper: The Pizza Man – How cool is this horse? Won the Arlington Million in his own back yard as the local crowd went crazy.
1. Beholder – Wow she is MUCH THE BEST in this division right now. Will now try to tackle the boys in the Pacific Classic!
2. Stopchargingmaria – Took care of Untapable while winning the Shuvee Handicap at Saratoga.
3. Wedding Toast – We haven’t seen her since her impressive win on Belmont Stakes day.
4. Sheer Drama – Turned the tables on Frivolous last time in the Delaware Handicap. Might be ready to make some noise.
5. Untapable – Still running decent races however its painfully clear she’s not the same horse right now.
Sleeper: La Verdad – Her sprinting ability is better than any filly right now.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – Won the Haskell by simply jogging around the track.
2. Dortmund – Was undefeated coming into the Triple Crown races, and didn’t embarrass himself in either race. Has returned to the workout tab.
3. Frosted – Was narrowly defeated by Texas Red in the Jim Dandy, but his body of work is still a little better. Could turn the tables in the Travers
4. Texas Red – Big performance in the Travers signals that he’s back to full strength and ready to roll.
5. Keen Ice – Looks to be getting better and better, but unfortunately ran into American Pharoah the last three races.
Sleeper: Upstart – His Haskell performance wasn’t bad, and gives him something to build on.
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – An amazing performance as she destroyed the field in the Belmont Oaks. Terrible news that she now has laminitis…future is in question.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – She hit the wire first in the Coaching Club American Oaks, but was DQ’d in what was a questionable call. Her body of work is just a little stronger than Curalina right now.
3. Curalina – Got the win in the Coaching Club American Oaks by DQ over I’m a Chatterbox which makes her a dual Grade 1 winner. Sky is the limit for this one.
4. Lovely Maria – The Kentucky Oaks still gives her a big boost and she can pass Curalina and I’m a Chatterbox with a win over them this summer. However, her Delaware Oaks effort was not good.
5. Stellar Wind – Very courageous effort at Santa Anita to win the Summertime Oaks. Could be ready for a big second half of the year.
Sleeper: Include Betty – Solid effort to finish third in the Coaching Club American Oaks…keeps proving she’s solid.
1. Secret Circle – Awesome win in Dubai…horse is a warrior.
2. Rock Fall – Stepped up in competition and passed the test with flying colors. Becoming a top notch sprinter.
3. Private Zone – Super consistent…brings his front running speed every single time.
4. Masochistic – Simply awesome performance in the Triple Bend at Santa Anita, and ran another good race in the Bing Crosby.
5. Work All Week – Not moving him up the rankings because he won such an easy race…but it looks like he’s BACK.
Sleeper: Wild Dude – Like previously stated…when at his best he can beat anyone.