1. Honor Code – His third place effort in the Classic was not what his fans wanted, but is good enough to make him the top older male of the year.
2. Liam’s Map – What could have been…his Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile win was so impressive, but could he have won the Classic? We’ll never know. It’s a shame his resume isn’t a tiny bit better because he might be the most talented older male.
3. Shared Belief – He’s back with Jerry Hollendorfer with 2016 set in his sights. Most exciting prospect for 2016.
4. California Chrome – His story is the same at Shared Belief…he’s back and aiming towards a huge 2016 campaign.
5. Tonalist – Finally threw in a clunker in the Breeders’ Cup Classic.
Sleeper: Race Day – Returned to form in a big way on the Breeders’ Cup undercard. Will now target the Clark Handicap.
1. Beholder – A tragedy that she scratched from the Breeders’ Cup Classic. Still easily the best in this group.
2. Tepin – WOW!! What a performance in the Breeders’ Cup Mile as she easily defeated a strong group of males.
3. Stopchargingmaria – This race mare has had quite a career, and has done so in a very quiet manner. Quiet no more…this girl is a Breeders’ Cup Distaff winner.
4. Wedding Toast – Flopped in the Distaff, but still had a solid year.
5. Sheer Drama – Ran ok in the Distaff, maybe just not quite good enough.
Sleeper: Untapable – Scratched from the Distaff, but will be racing in 2016 which was very surprising. They still must see something in her.
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – Retires a racing LEGEND.
2. Runhappy – This horse is an absolute freak even though the connections are shady to say the least. Don’t hold it against the horse though…he’s special.
3. Frosted – Finally flopped in the Classic after a solid year otherwise.
4. Keen Ice – All things considered his fourth in the Classic wasn’t terrible. Should race next year and improve even more.
5. Dortmund – Huge comeback winner will try the Clark Handicap next. Could move up the list a few spots with a big win.
Sleeper: Texas Red – The forgotten horse…but he still has talent if he can put it all together.
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – The outlook of her battle with laminitis looks very promising as the news had been very good regarding her lately.
2. I’m a Chatterbox – Based on resume she still is ranked ahead of the other dirt fillies even though she flopped in the Distaff.
3. Stellar Wind – Most talented filly in the dirt division, but just didn’t get a chance to build the resume that I’m a Chatterbox did.
4. Curalina – Ran very well to finish third in the Distaff. Thought her form was tailing off, but perhaps not.
5. Lovely Maria – Kentucky Oaks winner is all but forgotten now.
Sleeper: Calamity Katie – Isn’t a bad horse, but seems to be far behind the others.
Pages: 1 2