1. Shared Belief – He still sits atop this division because no other horse can string together consecutive wins.
2. California Chrome – A foot bruise has knocked him out of running at Royal Ascot unfortunately. Hopefully now he returns home and runs in the states the rest of the year.
3. Honor Code – He has limitations, but as a deep closer running at middle distances he’s been amazing.
4. Noble Bird – Ran a terrific race in the Stephen Foster to hold off a fairly sharp effort from Lea. Could be a rising star in the division.
5. Lea – Has finished second three straight times, but all three have come against top notch competition.
Sleeper: Coach Inge – Won the Brooklyn, and then ran a tremendous race in the Suburban Handicap last weekend.
1. Beholder – Finally came back to the track and was tremendous! Really hoping she can stay healthy the rest of the year.
2. Untapable – Doesn’t look to be the same filly as last year, but hopefully Asmussen gets her right.
3. Don’t Tell Sophia – Don’t forget about her! She was last seen finishing second in the Breeders Cup Distaff, and is targeting that race again.
4. Stopchargingmaria – She never is impressive, but she just keeps winning races. No match for the top three though.
5. Wedding Toast – Consistent runner took down Untapable last time out.
Sleeper: Frivolous – Just keeps getting better and runs really well at Churchill Downs. Can she run well outside of that track?
3 Year Old Males
1. American Pharoah – “American Pharoah is finally the one! American Pharoah has won the Triple Crown!”
2. Dortmund – Was undefeated coming into the Triple Crown races, and didn’t embarrass himself in either race.
3. Frosted – Would have been a Belmont winner in a good number of other runnings…just born in the same year as a freak!
4. Firing Line – Total disaster in the Preakness. Hopefully he regroups and runs well because he’s shown a lot of talent.
5. Carpe Diem – Hoping for a big summer campaign.
Sleeper: Speighster – Defeated Texas Red easily this weekend in the Dwyer Stakes. How far can he go, and where will we see him next?
3 Year Old Female
1. Lady Eli – An amazing performance this past weekend as she destroyed the field in the Belmont Oaks.
2. Lovely Maria – Returns this weekend in the Delaware Oaks.
3. I’m a Chatterbox – Owns a win over Lovely Maria, and ran very well in the Kentucky Oaks. Might like a little shorter races in the future.
4. Curalina – Could be the best filly in the country on dirt after that impressive Acorn win. Now just has to prove it against the Jones filly’s.
5. Stellar Wind – Very courageous effort at Santa Anita to win the Summertime Oaks. Could be ready for a big second half of the year.
Sleeper: Include Betty – Mother Goose effort was visually impressive, but none of the top horses in this group were there.
1. Secret Circle – Awesome win in Dubai…horse is a warrior.
2. Salutos Amigos – Stellar comeback tells me he’s ready for a huge summer campaign.
3. Private Zone – Super consistent…brings his front running speed every single time.
4. Masochistic – Simply awesome performance in the Triple Bend at Santa Anita. Ran a solid field off their feet.
5. Work All Week – Wouldn’t give up on him yet. Ran a better race in the Smile Sprint than you might think.
Sleeper: Rock Fall – Needs to prove it to us a few more times, but the horses he beat are coming back to run very well.